Tuesday, March 18, 2014

More Prep

Have been cleaning out the garage in preparation for the arrival of the kits this week.  It looks like I will need to unpack and dismantle most of the two large crates so that I can have space for the wing stand when I eventually get to that stage.

The long crate will be able to stay intact out of the way, so most long pieces I can keep in there still until they are needed.  I will figure out what to do with the skins shortly after I see how big each one is.

Have been spending some time figuring out if I want to use the Cleaveland Substructure dies or just get a tank die and use that on the substructure.  I will also need a few more odds and ends, like dies for the screw holes.  I ordered the roloc pads for edge deburring, as a fellow builder recommended them more than the wheel I had been using, especially for the wing ribs.

I have also figured out what I am going to do for the Wing spar prep.  Both my regular EAA table as well as the smaller but same height table I currently have my bandsaw on will go together and will provide enough length for the spar while I am countersinking, etc.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment