Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Flap Actuation work

I am posting to bring things up to date a bit. I have received the finish kit, and it looks like the propeller will be here in October and the engine next year (2023). I am in no need for either of them as I have a ton of work to do, but the fuselage kit is coming to an end over the next month or so.

 

 Chapter 34 is a short one, but it starts with drilling the flap controls using the wing alignment template. I got creative a bit with the clamping using a board to secure things while I drilled the first hole and inserted a cleco. I also used BoLube on the drill bits which really helps a lot when drilling through the steel tubes. 

I sprayed primer into the tubes after, and let them dry.


I also drilled the hole for the flap position sensor, luckily in the RV-14 online blog it was mentioned to drill this now before installation. 

A lot of work has been done besides this, I just haven't blogged much. I was using the EAA builders log and was optimistic about it but it is just too rough around the edges, and seems frozen in web 1.0 land with not much improvement on the horizon. So I will stick with this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment