Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Tail Kit part prep - Sections 6-8

The wings are now in storage, and I have re-arranged my workspace and am working on the tail.

 I am back to prepping parts, deburring, match drilling, and generally getting ready for primer. Since it is getting colder and some of these assemblies appear to go together quickly I am prepping the Vertical Stabilizer, Rudder, and Horizontal stabilizer together.

Unlike the wings where I lacked familiarity I can literally see the parts and envision the path to success on the tail kit. The tail cone is the uncertain piece however all of the other surfaces I think will come together in a straightforward fashion.

I did read on VAF that some Horizontal stabilizer rear spars had holes which were mispunched so I quickly clecoed the spar to the skins without all the other pieces and from what I can tell all the holes line up.  Here is a quick photo of that.


And one of the vertical stab.


No comments:

Post a Comment